What you missed at BizDojo Ponsonby’s pre-launch
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Co-working space provider BizDojo today had a pre-launch event, where it opened up the site of their latest space in Ponsonby and invited the community to take a peek.
The startup has undergone 300% growth since this time last year, growing from a staff of 15 to 46 people.
Co-founder Nick Shewring talked about BizDojo’s rapid expansion and what it had in the works, with an upcoming project promising to bring BizDojo’s services to over 100 locations worldwide.
Techday went along to check out the pre-launch, and here are seven things you should know about BizDojo’s latest space:
- BizDojo Ponsonby is located in the Cider Building, just off Ponsonby Rd. It’s next to a Countdown supermarket, and from the balcony, there are views of the horizon.
- When ready, the space will have the capacity to house up to 380 residents.
- The BizDojo is super excited to be back in the Ponsonby area. It’s very first location was the Ironbank building on Karangahape Rd. Giving up that space was a tough choice for them, and Shewring described the feeling of returning to the community as “coming home”.
- The Ponsonby space will have a creative focus. It will have services like printers, podcast rooms, and video areas, and they will be available for residents to use at no additional cost.
- The build will be completed in two phases. Shewring says this will ensure that the space is occupied and buzzing as it goes along so that members have the sense that they’re part of something bigger.
- The Ponsonby space was originally slated for an April launch, but has been delayed until December due to cash flow problems. Shewring apologised to the residents who had registered for the delay. On the flip side, the delay allowed the team to refine the interior design concepts to make it the co-working space they wanted it to be.
- The first cohort of 120 residents will be accepted in December, with more cohorts to be accepted every month.